2012-04-18

BROOKFIELD HERITAGE NEIGHBORHOOD BOARD MEETING

MINUTES, APRIL 18, 2012 - DRAFT

     The April 2012 meeting of the Brookfield Heritage Neighborhood Board was held at the home of Susie Engelhart and called to order by the president, Rhoda Wolff at 6:50 P.M.  Members present were Judy Putnam, Wayne Claycombe, Carl Lira, Sally Lloyd, Judy Cunningham, Susie Engelhart, and Rhoda Wolff.

  1.   SECRETARY’S REPORT:  The minutes of the January 18 board meeting were distributed by Judy Cunningham.  There were no additions or corrections, and were approved and seconded as written.
  1.  TREASURER’S REPORT:  Sally Lloyd presented the treasurer’s report.  As of March 31, 2012, our savings account had a balance of $1857.02, our checking account $1123.27, for a total of $2980.29.  Sally reported that 50% of ninety-four households in Brookfield have now paid dues, and that three more dues payments came in after March 31 for a total of twenty from the February mailing.
  1.  OLD BUSINESS
  1.  We discussed the progress of the new directory and plans for it’s distribution.  Judy Cunningham updated all of the information by street and house numbers,etc. and an updated list of board members, which includes names, phone numbers, and email addresses that people want listed in the directory.  Carl volunteered to format it, and Judy Putnam will pick it up from Carl and take it to the printer.  We decided to draft an announcement letter to accompany each directory that would be similar to the one done by Dave Betts in February, and Judy Cunningham would do that.  Judy Putnam will organize distributing the directories, and we will try to have this done by the end of April.  We also decided to add our web site address, Listserv information, and a link to Facebook on the inside cover page.  Twenty extra copies will be printed as extras for  use as needed.
  1.  It’s been awhile since we’ve had a report about the trees in our neighborhood from Pat Robinson,  and there are trees to be replaced this year, so Judy Putnam is going to ask Pat to attend our July meeting if possible, or to send a report.
  1.  A thank you note was received from Dorothy Martin for flowers sent, and acknowledged by the board.
  1.  NEW BUSINESS
  1.  We have a new “welcome person” in the neighborhood.  She is Beth Blythe, and she has volunteered to greet new neighbors.  Sally Lloyd will be contacting the former “welcome person”, Kristin Rosenbrook to let her know and to help Beth in the transition.  Carl Lira agreed to invite Beth to our July 18 meeting.
  1.  Use of the Listserv was discussed.  After some discussion, the board decided that it should not be used for commercial or personal gain.
  1.  By-Laws -  Originally the board by-laws were going to be reviewed at this meeting, however as the meeting progressed, it became obvious that they would need more time and attention than we had, and that a sub-committee might be a better way to review them.  Dave Betts had already been working on them, and Wayne Claycombe volunteered to work with Dave to review the by-laws.  We discussed the three main committees, 1. Government 2. Historic 3. Environment, and whether or not we need all three.  It was felt by the board to have a committee of Dave and Wayne decide this, and bring their thoughts to the July 18 meeting.

We also talked about having a newsletter go out prior to the picnic and in that, ask if there are people in the neighborhood who know of historic facts about this neighborhood, ie. the horserace track, etc.

  1.  The zoning issues in the city were discussed and we felt that while we aren’t directly affected, we would support the neighborhoods that are, and that Rhoda will keep us informed as to what is happening with that issue.

V.  ADJOURNMENT

     The meeting was adjourned at 8:30 P.M.

      Next meeting, JULY 18, 7:00 P.M. JUDY CUNNINGHAM’S, 1511 ROSELAND

Respectfully Submitted,

Judy Cunningham,  Secretary

 

Content Classification: