Brookfield Heritage Neighborhood Association
Meeting Notes from August 12, 2015
The meeting was attended by Board members Judy Benedict, Beth Blythe, John Boughman, Jennifer Castner, Jeffrey Johnson, Alan Munn, and Ed Swanson. Nancy Knupfer, Dawn Parker, and Kay Ruekberg were unable to attend.
BHNA Treasurer Alan Munn presented the treasurer’s report. As of August 12, 2015 the association held a balance of $681.79 in its MSUFCU checking account and $2,545.09 in its savings account.
The prior meeting’s minutes were distributed and approved. They are posted on the BHNA website.
Ed Swanson attended city council and neighborhood meetings and reported back on issues relevant to the BHNA. The following items were discussed:
- Upcoming changes to the city’s recycling program.
- Refrigerator cards containing medical information available for free from the commission on aging.
- The summer picnic/neighborhood meeting. The meeting will be held on Sunday, September 13th, with a rain date the following Sunday, September 20th, from 4:00-6:00pm on Oakland. The picnic will once again be a pot-luck affair. The board discussed the various tasks to be performed prior to the meeting and assigned responsibilities.
- Judy Benedict offered to get the paperwork from city hall for requesting closure of Oakland for the meeting. She will also work on gathering signatures.
- Beth Blythe offered to put up the signs.
- John Boughman offered to pick up drinks and ice on the day of the event and bring some coolers. He will also contact Patricia Robinson to see if she will discuss the trees in the neighborhood. John will also bring copies of the meeting notes from the prior year’s event.
- Jennifer Castner offered to assist Dawn Parker with the announcement newsletter. She will also send the email reminders out on September 6th and 11th. Jennifer also offered to look into authorship issues occurring with the neighborhood Facebook page.
- Alan Munn offered to contact the balloon man.
- Three current board members terms are expiring including Vice President Nancy Knupfer, Treasurer Alan Munn, and Judy Benedict. A number of potential replacements were discussed.
- It was agreed that the board will meet again on Tuesday, September 8th at Beth Blythe’s house to go over last minute details.