Brookfield Heritage Neighborhood Council
Present: Jeff Johnson, Philip Eisenlohr, John Hays, Nella Davis-Ray, Ben Flietstra, Diane Kearns
Absent: Jennifer Somerville, Jennifer Castner, Alan Munn
- The meeting was called to order at 7.33 PM by Ben Flietstra.
- The board reviewed the minutes from the October 7, 2019 meeting. There were no questions. A motion was made and seconded to approve the October 7, 2019 minutes as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
- Ben Flietstra presented the Treasurer’s Report dated January 27, 2020. Dues & Donations total $1,100 since July 2019. The board reviewed upcoming expenses as well as account balances.
- On Going Business
- Deed restrictions
- The board discussed the signing party held last fall. Overall, the event was quite successful and residents seemed to be able to move through the process quickly.
- John Hays will email Rep Brixie to determine status of legislation removing racial language from neighborhoods and HOAs.
- The board discussed next steps for obtaining the remaining signatures. The board agreed another signing party in the spring would be a good idea. Ben Flietstra will send out possible dates to the board to have another event.
- John discussed providing a letter explaining the situation to those that haven’t signed yet to help bring more awareness to the issue. We could bring the letters door to door or put in mailboxes.
- The board discussed the BHN directory and updates. Currently, there hasn’t been much demand for a new version. The board discussed the directory being online and how it gets updated.
- Deed restrictions
- New business
- Diane brought up how BHN can welcome new members to the neighborhood. Discussion revolved around procedures for welcoming new members, providing a welcome packet, discussing the covenants, providing a directory, and inviting them to join the Facebook group. The board all agreed this would be a good topic for further discussion.
- The next meeting will be held May 11 at 7:30pm at the Grand Traverse Pie Company –
- May 11, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- The meeting was adjourned at 8.37 pm.