Brookfield Heritage Neighborhood Board
Present: Ben Flietstra, John Hays, Steve Whalen, Philip Eisenlohr, Diane Kearns, Nella Davis-Ray, Jeff Johnson, Jennifer Somerville
Absent: Alan Munn
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:33 pm by Ben Flietstra
2. Board reviewed the meeting minutes from the July 20, 2020 BHNA Board meeting. A motion was made and seconded to approve the July 20, 2020 minutes as presented. Motion carried unanimously.
3. The Board reviewed minutes from the neighborhood annual meeting on September 9, 2020.
4. Board member roles for next year:
- Alan Munn stay on as Treasurer
- Nella Davis Ray to stay on as Communications person
- Ben Flietstra to stay on as President
- Jen Somerville to stay on as Secretary
- Jeff Johnson stay on as Vice President
- Philip, Steve, John, and Diane will remain at large
5. Annual meeting calendar (all @ 7:30 pm):
- January 25, 2021
- April 26, 2021
- July 26, 2021
- Reserve August 30, 2021 for annual meeting prep
- September 12, 2021 annual association meeting
- Reserve Sept 19, 2021 as the rain day for annual association meeting
6. Treasurer’s report will be sent by email after the meeting.
7. There was a brief discussion around reminding members to submit their membership dues.
8. John gave an update on the deed restriction progress. There have been no major updates since John’s last communication with Rep. Brixie’s office. The board agreed to setup a subcommittee to work with members of the neighborhood to discuss our options. Ben will reach out to Peter and Nancy to meet (John too) to understand what the history is and have other ideas about how to change the covenants.
9. Nella is working on updating the directory very shortly.
10. There was discussion around bringing back the neighborhood garden walk. Nella will coordinate with Steve and Linda Kron Brundage.
11. Don Hall passed away about a month ago (they moved-in in the 80’s). Steve offered to pass on their condolences from the board.
12. There was a brief discussion regarding Halloween. The city has yet to provide formal guidance due to COVID.
13. The board discussed the neighborhood Facebook page. Discussion revolved around what the page is intended for and what is appropriate. High level guidelines for appropriate discussion topics will be posted on the page in the following weeks.
14. As there was no other business to discuss, Ben called meeting to close 8:48 pm.